Some soups you have to cook for hours. This is not one of those soups. From start to finish, this recipe took 45 minutes and uses only one pot (so keep that in mind when choosing a pot for this!). On top of all that, it's incredibly delicious. I cannot recommend this enough. You have to try it!
Epicurious Challenge Recipe: 25/138
- Mix chicken, breadcrumbs, 3T Parmesan, 2 minced garlic cloves, chives, egg, 3/4t salt, and 1/4t pepper in a medium bowl.
- Roll into 1/2"-diameter meatballs (makes about 28).
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Cook meatballs until golden on all sides, about 3 minutes (the meatballs finish cooking in soup). Transfer to a plate.
- Add leek to the same pot and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add 2 thinly sliced garlic cloves to pot and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth and 2 cups water, bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta and carrots and simmer for about 8 minutes, or until pasta is close to al dente.
- Add meatballs and simmer until pasta is al dente, carrots are tender, and meatballs are cooked through, 3 minutes.
- Add spinach and 3 tablespoons Parmesan. Stir until spinach is wilted and Parmesan is melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide evenly among bowls and garnish with chopped basil and Parmesan.
Source: Epicurious & Bon Appétit