This recipe is also from the Epicurious magazine we've been cooking through this year. It's fast and easy - especially when fresh figs are right outside your door. It only takes a few minutes to put everything together. While this recipe serves four, it's extremely easy to make it larger or smaller. The photos you see here are what I made myself one day for lunch. A single serving portion was simple!
Epicurious Challenge Recipe: 45/138
- 12 ripe figs, stems removed, quartered
- 1t finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1t olive oil
- 1t balsamic vinegar
- 1T lemon juice
- 1t chopped thyme
- 1 pound buffalo mozzarella, at room temperature
- Gently toss figs with zest, 1/4t salt, 1/4t pepper, and oil in a bowl until coated evenly.
- Stir in vinegar, lemon juice, and thyme.
- Tear mozzarella into small pieces and place on plate. Top with a hefty spoonful of fig mixture.